Sunday, February 17, 2008

Archie's Latest Trick

On Thursday we all went round to Dominic & Cathie's place for afternoon tea. As soon as we arrived, their three children attached themselves to Archie and asked us if they could take him outside to play. When we checked on them a bit later 2 out of the 3 were playing handball one-on-one and whoever was 'out' was playing with Archie teaching him how to throw and catch a tennis ball with a bounce inbetween! Steve and I peeled our eyes because we had certainly never taught him to do that. Later on we told the kids that it was quite amazing because he hasn't done that before, to which they replied, "We know, we taught him how". Since then we have decided that Archie can spend as much time as he likes with these children because they are very intelligent and he seems to come back smarter when he's been with them!

Ever since Steve and Archie have enjoyed playing ball in our little flat. He sometimes catches it with one hand, although this video doesn't show that.

Enjoy having a watch!

6 comments:

Amy said...

He catches better than I do! What did you take the video with?

Jane said...

It was on Steve's mobile phone. Not good quality we know, but perfect for holding in one hand while playing ball with the other!

Anonymous said...

Impressive stuff! Steve, you could live your dreams of playing for Australia through Archie! What do you think? I'm sure Jane would be supportive.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so cute!!!! I couldn't stop laughing as I watched him. I can't wait to see him do it! He's so clever. xoxox

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Very cool with a tennis ball! Suppose he will be training with a basketball next week and slam dunk next month?