Was interrupted today while working in the study to the goregous sounds of baby A giggling his head off and SL laughing, quite proud of the reaction he was provoking out of him. Upon investigation I found SL hanging baby A upsidedown from his legs and my goodness were they having a good time. I had a little laugh but then had to say something: "I'm not sure that's very good for him, honey". To which SL responded: "But look, he loves it". And that he did. You should have seen Baby A's smiles and heard his deep hysterical giggles.
A similar thing happened a few months ago when I found SL feeding Baby A bits of Nutella off his toast. Don't tell the community health nurse that the baby's first taste of solids was nutella!
Am quite glad that we're not really driven by that parenting philosophy "If the kid likes something, then give it to him", but I suppose sometimes you've just got to let Dad be the Dad.
Friday, September 28, 2007
Dads are so silly
Posted by Jane at 12:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment